29 May 2011

Looking Ahead

I wanted to a get a blog up over the weekend that would be a little bit more substantial than an update post but I wasn’t sure what other way I can do it.
Therefore, I wanted to cover a few things in future of this blog with a running theme that is just something a little fun for me. I’ll be putting up some comic related content consisting of, reviews top tens and how to get into comics.

I’ve wanted to do reviews for awhile now but I didn’t feel like I could do them justice considering I have only been reading comics for a couple of years and it is mainly over the last year I have been reading work from a larger spread of writers. This really puts into perspective good writing from bad writing especially characters where some writers have a very good grasp over a character and it shines through.
A prime example is Paul Dini’s work on Batman, he knows the character inside and out and his writing feels natural and more so the way he writes a character it is very faithful to how that character should act and speak it is a very fine art to get right.

These reviews and tops tens and such will be going up over the next month or so.

On the gaming front E3 is just around the corner and I’m excited to see what comes out from the big three press conferences especially what Nintendo’s new console will be and what direction they will be taking. It will be also be interesting to see what Microsoft and Sony reveal to compete with the announcement of a new console.

There are also a few games I’m  looking out for including Batman Arkham City which looks great, I hope they reveal some of the additional characters in the game and possibly some gameplay footage.
It’s not a game but I want to see what Microsoft has in store for Kinect this year, currently it is lacking software titles especially games that break away from the casual market. I hope they will be answer this at their press conference.

Along with all this there will be other stuff like some coverage of Duke Nukem Forever and a few gameplay designs looking towards the future. I hope you enjoy the new stuff, if there is you would like me to talk about such as giving my views about something or any faults or feedback they are all welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment