03 April 2011

Wrestlemania 27 Pre Show Thoughts

The Rock host Wrestlemania 27
We are just a few hours away from Wrestlemania 27 and this year unlike recent Wrestlemania’s I am genuinely excited to see what happens tonight. The last few have been a mixed bag with the two highlights being HBK vs. The Undertaker whose matches have stole the show consecutive years. 

This years Wrestlemania has a different feel to it for one two young guys are in the main events for the WWE and World Heavyweight titles and the fact the Rock is hosting the event which leaves a huge question mark on what might happen over the duration of the event. Going into an event like this with that air of mystery and the unexpected might happen is one of the best thing in wrestling.

Looking at the card I wouldn’t say it is the strongest card I’ve seen for Wrestlemania but I believe it will be solid throughout with a few matches surprising people one being Sheamus and Daniel Bryan, I am really interested to see what they deliver tonight.

The match everyone will be interested in with the only possible equal being Triple H vs. The Undertaker, which I might add, has had some great build up last week on Raw. Miz vs. Cena with The Rock somewhere in the mix is what I think people will be waiting to see. Hell, you could ask most wrestling fans and I bet they would love to see The Rock hitting his trademark Rock Bottom on Cena on the biggest stage of them all. Whatever happens with that match I would love to see a match between those two later down the line.

For myself it has been awhile since a wrestling ppv has had me drawn in just to see what might happen, so in that regard I have to hand it to the WWE they have me hooked this year. From the great series of Raw's and buildup I hope the show can live up to it.
Now the only thing that would make this years Wrestlemania perfect is if I had the day off from work tomorrow, I am in the UK so it is going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment