20 September 2012

Jumping in to 2000AD

Here is your chance impress me!
It has been just over a year since I've started reading weekly comics. Though this wasn't my first foray into the medium. I've been collecting graphic novels for quite a few years, the majority of them coming from publishers like DC Comics

I guess you could say my choices have been rather safe or reserved in the grand scheme of things. I've been trying to branch out since DC's New 52 hit last year. Picking up titles that I wouldn't normally try like Wonder Woman, purely to try something new to see if I like it. Turns out I love the character.

I'm also picking up other non superhero comics like Swamp Thing and American Vampire, both of which are written by Scott Synder. Who is pound for pound the one of the best writers in comics currently.

It has been a great philosophy that is working wonders. I recommend anyone reading this to give things a shot that they wouldn't normally try. It general people tend to want to play things safe.

So what does this have to do with 2000AD? well a lot actually. I've always been fascinated my Mega City 1, the Judges and the ABC Warriors. However I've never taken the plunge into the world, there has always been something holding me back.

I'm working at a place with a steady income every month it really is the time to give 2000AD a chance. because the way I see it, if I don't end up trying it now I never will.

With that being said, where am I starting? I'm going in two different directions. Firstly I've picked up the first three volumes the the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files. The second is 2000AD 1800, which is supposedly a great jumping on point for new readers. I wanted a bit of a counter balance between the old and the new, with any form of media with an established character if I'm going to invest time and money into it I like to start from the beginning.

Once the issues arrive in the post I'll post up my first impressions on the issues and the collected volumes. Look out for that and see if I'll be sticking it out with 2000AD for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment