19 August 2011

DC Comics 52: My Picks

With so many great titles annouced it was hard to narrow it down to the list I have, the new 52 allows myself and others to jump into some new titles for characters that we have been wanting to read for sometime. So here are my picks for the new 52.

Honestly, it was hard cutting the list down to what is currently featured below, now the list is not final there are a few titles that I may have to drop but the first few months I’m going with what I have now and if a title isn’t working out I will simply drop it.

I have mentioned before that I am going into this re launch with an open mind I am willing to try most things and if it isn’t so great then it is no big loss I would of rather tried a title than possibly missing out on something I might really enjoy.

Key sets of titles that I will be picking up are the Batman and Superman family of titles along with the Justice League and Green Lantern titles.
The likes of Aquaman and Flash are new titles I will be picking up due to a growing interest for the characters from series’ like Brightest Day and Flashpoint, plus with Geoff Johns writing Aquaman it one of the titles I am most excited to read this September because well it’s Jeff Johns.

One late edition to the list is Swamp Thing for one it is written by Scott Syder whose run on Batman has received a tremendous reception and this Swamp Thing title is generating a lot of buzz so I’m willing to give this a go even though my exposure to Swamp Thing is extremely limited.

I’ve spilt the list between the different release dates so as well as a my picks list you will be able to see what titles I will likely be reviewing each week of the re launch. I most likely won’t be reviewing every title but I will at least give my opinion on it in some form.

AUGUST 31st
Justice League

SEPTEMBER 7
Detective Comics
Action Comics
Green Arrow
Bat Girl
Justice League International
Swamp Thing

SEPTEMBER 14
Batman and Robin
Superboy
Green Lantern
Suicide Squad
Red Lantern
Bat Woman

SEPTEMBER 21

Batman
Nightwing
Cat Woman
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Supergirl
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern Corps

SEPTEMBER 28
Batman Dark Knight
Teen Titans
Superman
aqua man
Flash
hawk man
GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS

No comments:

Post a Comment