30 March 2011

What I have been reading recently

2011 has really been a surge for me so far in terms of reading. There has been a lot of great stuff I’ve read over the past few months, and a few writers which stick out to me.
I’ve grown to love Geoff Johns work as a writer he has a knack of writing characters in such a natural fluid way that they feel tangible. I first came across his work with Superman: Secret Origins. Which is a great book I enjoyed it a lot he really nailed the characters and made them believable. From there I wanted to read some more of his work which brought me to Superman Brainiac which is one of my favourite books at the moment. The story isn’t very long but it is packed with content and it is just a really fun story to read the way the confrontations are handled just has that epic feel. He has a knack of writing things in a way that are very subtle which just adds to the depth of the story and characters.

Green Lantern Rebirth
I wanted to read more of his work because so far what I have read of his has been fantastic so I did a little browsing and came across the Green Lantern series. Geoff Johns was responsible for essentially rebooting the series. Now I was never really a fan of the Green Lantern series I knew of it but that was pretty much it. So I took a chance and picked up Green Lantern Secret Origins which at the moment comes in a very nice hardcover. I believe it is linked into the new movie that releases over the summer. Anyway. I read Secret Origins and it’s great, really sold me on green lantern mythos and the character of Hal Jordan.  I moved on to Rebirth which I went into blind after reading Secret Origin and it is fantastic. Page after page just soaking in the story, the pacing is phenomenal there isn’t a moment where it drags. You can read it from cover to cover without realising time is going by it just sucks you in and takes you for a great ride.
Now you might be thinking this might be going overboard on the amount of praise I’m giving out here but honestly it deserves it I can’t fault it. One thing is for sure I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the series because it is quickly becoming one of my favourites. 

Chris Jericho Undisputed
Moving on to something a little different. This one was something of an impulse buy, Chris Jericho Undisputed. I had seen some interview prior interviews and info and some controversy regarding the book. I’ve been a fan of Jericho’s for years and it is a shame he is away from the WWE at the moment. I’ll be reading this book because for one Jericho tells it how it is he isn’t afraid of speaking out so I think the book will be good at the very least.

So that is what I have been reading recently or about to read in some cases. I will defiantly post my thoughts about the Jericho book once I have finished and along with that I want to do something for the Green Lantern side of things because it is so fresh to me and I’m enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment