08 June 2010

Deus Ex: Human Revolution takes the spotlight


Ill admit that I've never played the original game it is something that I've never got around to playing for whatever reason. So seeing this i was going in fairly blind, going by some of what i had heard of the years.
Long story short i am hugely impressed in the direction they are going with this game from a pure story standpoint it looks incredibly epic seems more like a movie trailer than that of a game the voice acting seems superb and it has a real sense of connection to the characters and the world, its hard to put into words but this kind of things ticks all the boxes in my book.

From what is out on the market this just seems really refreshing to me, there is a sense of influence from the likes of Blade Runner in the aesthetics which I'm a fan of but they haven't copied but taken it and gone in their own direction with it.

Towards the gameplay not much is known, only that it will be a FPS/RPG I'm sure it will bring back update features from the original. I'm hoping come E3 some in game footage is shown to back up what they have shown in this trailer, to me in terms of story, going purely by the trailer it seems like the studio has something special on their hands.
If you want to check out the trailer i recommend going over to gametrailers to watch it in HD. Here's the link Deus EX, HD Trailer

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of it, but it looks pretty good. But like you said not much is known about the gameplay and imo it all comes down to the gameplay.

    ReplyDelete